Monday, February 6, 2012

Intro

My Name is Mandi, I have been a childcare provider for over 10 years! Starting with babysitting, then nannying, then daycare, and now nannying and babysitting again. I love kids! Hubby and I haven't had one just yet, but I am preparing for that day to come! This Blog is all about a healthy way of living for kids. With limited to no "Junk" food and ideas to make it possible! It's hard, I see it everywhere! For kids its normal to have Candy, fast food, soda and sugary things quite a bit... But what about those of us who DON'T want that for our kids? It's hard to stay away from it. Every holiday and even there are temptations, Halloween is a big one, not only trick or treating, but also school/ church parties! The whole holiday is about candy, can that change? All the other holidays including the small ones like st. pattys day and valentines are celebrated at school with junk! Other children's birthday parties, award ceremonies, the list goes on! I want to try to help to create alternatives! I'm hoping there are many other people like me out there. And hopefully by the time I have kids and they go to school this can be changed! I would love for everyone who feels this way to have a group in their city to get together on Halloween and trick or treat at each others houses for games, stickers, healthy goodies, things like that! So your kids don't have to miss out on anything! Anyway So I hope you enjoy my blog, tell your friends who have to same opinions and lets do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment